To receive an Early Childhood Education Castle Scholarship, you must:
* Be a student at Chaminade University of Honolulu working towards
an early childhood education degree or a course.
* Be an active member of early childhood education in Hawaii serving diverse
* Be a student in good standing (A grade point average (GPA) of at
least 2.5 qualifies you as a student in good standing).
New applicants should submit the following:
* A completed application form.
* A personal statement.
* A letter of recommendation that includes information on diverse
population served.Your most recent grade transcript if applicable.
Renewal applicant should submit the following:
* A completed renewal application form.A personal statement
indicating how ECE Castle Scholarship assisted you in serving young
children in Hawaii.
Yan Yan Imamura
Chaminade University of Honolulu
3140 Waialae Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816
Phone: (808) 739-8563
Fax: (808) 739-4607
Fall Student Teaching Term: July 15
Fall Term: September 15
Winter Term: December 15
Spring Student Teaching Term: December 15
Spring Term: March 15
Summer Term: June 15
Funds will be disbursed in payments directly to Chaminade University prior to the beginning of the term. Please notify Yan Yan Imamura immediately if your schedule changes.
* Undergraduate applicant will receive: $600 per course up to 13 courses until funds are available.
* Graduate applicant will receive: $1000 per course up to 10 courses until funds are available.
* For special programs (e.g. Montessori Summer Institute), award amounts and application deadline may vary.